The Census Bureau released their annual report on poverty, income and the uninsured.
The health insurance section included these stats:
- The total number of uninsured increased to 50.6 million (a 4.3 million from the previous year)
- The number of individuals with private insurance fell by 6.5 million.
- 5.2 million additional people enrolled in Medicaid; 400,000 more enrolled in Medicare.
- 15.5 million of the uninsured have household annual incomes under $25,000.
- 10.5 million of the uninsured have household annual incomes over $75,000.