Utah Requires Insurers To Offer Child-Only Plans

Written by: PeopleKeep Team
February 4, 2011 at 9:50 AM


Effective January 25, 2011, the state of Utah is requiring insurance companies to issue child-only plans to individuals under the age of 19 who have obtained a "certificate of insurability". 

To receive a certificate of insurability, an individual must apply to HIPUtah - the state's High Risk Pool. If the individual qualifies for a HIPUtah plan, he or she will be offered HIPUtah coverage. If not, the individual will be issued a certificate of insurability, which must be honored by ever insurer in the Utah individual market. 

Click here to view the complete rule. 

Topics: State Health

Additional Resources

Trying to decide which HRA is best for you? Take our quiz to find out.
Get our guide on how to offer health benefits with a small budget.