National PBS television show "Wealth Track" discusses Defined Contribution Employer Health Benefits
Entire Segment (7:54) Paul Zane Pilzer speaks on HRAs, Individual Health Policies, and Defined Contribution Health Benefits
1. Introduction (1:35) Half of personal bankruptcy filings are due to medical expenses, mostly by people who had employer health insurance. Employer health benefits costs now exceed profits for most companies.
2. Paul Zane Pilzer (0:29) Introduction of Paul Zane Pilzer and The New Health Insurance Solution.
3. Individual Health Insurance (1:47) Everyone should get health insurance independent of their employer. Get your spouse and dependents their own policy even if you stay on your employer plan.
4. Health Reimbursement Arrangements (1:21) HRAs provide the simple solution for all employers and employees.
5. Health Savings Accounts (1:03) Every American should have a Health Savings Account—it's like an IRA or 401(k) on steroids.
6. Defined Contribution Health Plans (1:13) Employers can now help you get your own individual health insurance policy.
7. Summary and Final Recommendation (0:31) Everyone should have an individual or family health insurance policy independent of any employer for themselves, their spouse, and their dependents.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is general in nature and does not apply to any specific U.S. state except where noted. Health insurance regulations differ in each state. See a licensed agent for detailed information on your state. PeopleKeep, Inc., does not sell health insurance.